Friday, February 17, 2012

Salsa!

~SALSA~

My husband, as well as my self, love restaurant style salsa. So I searched the web, found the basics, and made my own!

Ingredients:
  • Jalapenos- depends how spicy you like it...2=not hot at all...6=my mouth is burning
  • 2-3 cans rotel (or store brand diced tomatoes)
  • handful cilantro
  • garlic, minced
  • lime juice
  • onion
  • Blender!
Now ill be honest, I don't measure. I like to keep it "real".



Step 1- dice up the jalapenos, onion, cilantro & garlic (take the seeds out if you dont want it hot)




Step 2- add EVERYTHING in to the blender, but d
on't do what I did and put the liquid first. Put the tomatoes and lime juice (just a few splashes) in first, the everything else. Push down with a spoon to "pre-mix it" then blend till its the consistency you want it...chunky?...smooth?

OOOOH cool blender effect!

Step3- ENJOY! Add more diced tomatoes if its too hot, or add spices if its not hot enough.

the greener it is, the hotter it will be!

THIS IS MY SUPER HOT,not so photogenic,SALSA!



No comments:

Post a Comment