Saturday, February 18, 2012

Late Valentines Gift.

My husband and I are in the middle of buying our first home. (my husband is 22 & I am 21, we are very excited to be able to start this journey so soon in our life) WELL, I told my husband, Jeremy, that because he is buying me a house, I don't want a Valentines gift. So I gave him a card from Cambria, our daughter, and I. I also wanted to make him some Sour Patch cupcakes because its his favorite candy. Well I didn't get my sour extract & flavors till yesterday in the mail, so while he was at work, I made them for him along with a little "extras".


I used a cake recipe from a better homes cookbook,but icant find it online, any white/vanilla cake will do... along with a frosting recipe.

I had SO much trouble with making a perfect cupcake. *sigh*
So some I threw away, the others I cut the tops off. *chuckles to her self*

CUPCAKES SHOULDN'T LOOK LIKE THIS!

Here is the cupcakes that "did" turn out. I didnt have orange paper cup liners, so I used a white one a dyed the batter orange. :) <---So clever.

my daughter really enjoyed the cupcake tops!

The frosting with all the color, sour & flavors added
**I didn't have raspberry so i used watermelon for the red, turned out to be his favorite!**

& the finished products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment