Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Corny Chili!

I found a recipie for Corny Chili in a cookbook for kids! Sunset Best Kids Cook Book. The book has a copy right of 1992! An awesome 20 year old cookbook that I HIGHLY recommend. Its very simple & yummy dishes! From start to finish this dish took about 20 minutes, INCLUDING prep time! Some other dishes I plan on trying are; Cheddar grits, ginger peachy coffee cake, Lemon-strawberry waffles, Speedy shrimp stir-fry and ginger snap sandwiches!






CORNY CHILI pg: 59
  • 2 cans black beans (I used pinto)
  • 1 large onion ( I used half)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 pound ground turkey ( I used ground lean pork)
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 small can diced chilies ( I used half a green pepper)
  • 1 package 10 oz. frozen corn kernels ( I used half a can corn kernels)
  • 1 large can tomatoes
  1. rinse canned beans
  2. chop up onion & place in pan with turkey. Add garlic. cook till pink is gone.
  3. add chili powder, tomatoes WITH juices, chilies, corn & beans. Reduce heat. Simmer about 10-15 minutes. ENJOY!
As you can tell I had to improvise with what I had, I wasn't in the mood to go to the store. I'm glad I made it how I did it really turned out AMAZING. I'm very pleased with my dinner. It was so easy my 21 month old helped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment